Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. The Food Charlatan — January 21, 2019 @ 12:09 pm Reply. What's the shortcut for Easy Shepherds Pie? WOW! Thank you and a happy new year. Top Hats! Leftover Venison Spicy Rissoles I’m sure you’ll love my Monday Pie so please leave a comment and rating below when you make it! Plus share your … Proper posh pie heaven. In the same pan as the ground venison, add the onion and garlic with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. https://www.thespruceeats.com/luxury-venison-shepherds-pie-recipe-435264 I was a complete venison novice but cooked a rack for Christmas (very good) and didn’t know what to do with the leftovers. A sixteenth-century English physician and former Carthusian monk esteemed it ‘gentlemen’s food’ and felt that nowhere in the world was venison so esteemed as in England. Easy-to-make and great as leftovers, this Venison Hunter's Pie Recipe is a complete meal in every slice. The recipe for her Chicken Pot Pie often varied on what leftovers, canned vegetables, or soup were in the kitchen, yet the main concept never varied; the meat, the veggies, the crust, the base. Drain potatoes and place into a bowl. 5. The sky is the limit with the versatility of this dish. Venison, stilton and gravy were all to hand. 4. I like my ales at anytime, but a pie and a pint is a marriage made in heaven. Cook for two minutes and remove from the pan. I reckoned that, much like the butternut squash in my venison pasties, this token vegetable’d work well. The lean, red meat is low in fat and full of flavour and has become popular and widely available. In a sauté pan add 1 tbsp. Brett French presents: Wild elk tales from former Fish and Wildlife Commissioners, How To Catch More Fish With Tip Ups & Eliminate False Trips, Stillwater State Forest seeking public input on winter recreational use, Missoula Resource Advisory Committee Accepting Project Proposals for 2021, Reclamation Nears Completion on Upper Blackfoot Mining Complex in Lewis & Clark County Area Opening for Recreational Use, Yellowstone Shortline Trail Secures $750,000 Challenge Grant and Plans for Construction in the Spring, Snowmobiler rescued near Hebgen Lake, broken shoulder, punctured lung suspected, Man drowned at Fort Peck after UTV falls through ice, Falling down ice fishing holes compilation, Blowin in The Wind – Listen to Last Weeks Show 1/16/21. It was great: DH agreed. We discarded the stuffing from the venison, and cut the meat into properly decent-sized chunks. Lightly grease a 9-inch, deep-dish pie … Venison’s very lean, but this yielded a creamy covering of fat, which I reserved and reformed for later use. I’m also pleased to see you have that tureen style pot for the cabbage. Venison benefits from long, slow cooking, and this Scottish dish develops a beautifully earthy sweetness – try it as an alternative to turkey, or for Hogmanay 2 hrs and 5 mins . While the stock was bubbling I also made up a batch of spiced Eastern European-style red cabbage. By Moosetrack Megan. A post-Christmas pie, made with Christmas presents, leftovers, and a nod to the frozen north…. Then add the wet ones to make a thick batter. But, if you want to make your own, you really need to invest in a good rolling pin. By Moosetrack Megan. But, if you want to make your own, you really need to invest in a good rolling pin. Add the onions and cook, then add the garlic, carrots, celery and juniper berries. Spoon the potatoes evenly over the shepherd's Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Add the ground venison and cook until browned. Leftover venison pot pie is made with leftover venison stew. ... it was ready for the pie… stuffed venison pitta breads and a meal of cold venison with char grilled Mediterranean veg. By Moosetrack Megan. After making the Stilton, bacon and panko stuffing, this got rolled up inside the joint which was then retied. One of my Christmas presents was the OCD Chef’s Chopping Board (my friends know me too well) and I’d joked about keeping my scalpel in the kitchen with it. You see, I really enjoy doing them. You can also make it with ground turkey and chicken. There was probably about 330ml of gravy left over from Christmas Day (a handy size… can you imagine if they sold tins of real gravy next to the Coke and Irn-Bru?) Read this next. Put the mashed potatoes in a large bowl. For instance, I cook a lot of venison tacos and there tends to be some remaining after dinner. Heat oil in a saucepan and brown the meat and bacon. The leftovers of a meaty potjie are also good for a pie, as is leftover roast chicken meat or the meat of any roast joint, whether pork, beef or lamb. January is tight for many of us, and turning frozen leftovers into pies is an easy and cheap way to transform forgotten leftovers into a family meal. Quick and easy to make, the recipe works great for weeknight dinners when you don’t have a lot of extra time. While leftover venison isn’t too common around these parts, it does happen from time to time. 3. Hardly the hassle-free roast which is recommended for a peaceful Christmas Day, especially the first cooking for the in-laws! Yum! Add all the dry ingredients to a bowl. Throw it in spaghetti sauce (venison Italian sausage is especially good for this!). After our Spiced Beef starters, our Christmas plate was finished off with hasselback potatoes, roasted parsnips, sprouts with bacon and chestnut, and sweet potato mash. Easy . We are having Venison for New Years’ Day dinner and I was looking for a recipe as this is our first time with Venison and I wanted to cook it perfect for my partner and myself. ... Leftover Venison Spicy Rissoles; 2 hrs cooking; Serves 5; Print. Venison & … Venison is the name given to any of the species of deer sold as meat in the UK. https://www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/recipes/leftover-roast-dinner-casserole I ordered the meat from Paul in the market (asking him to leave me the bone), and started work on Christmas Eve by making a stock … roasting the bones for 30mins before boiling up with a mirepoix and some herbs for a hour or so, until the stock tasted rich, robust and savoury. Next day the pie made a glorious re-appearance alongside some home-fried chips and peas on the side. Dec 7, 2013 - So, I've been a bit off the ball when it comes to these Improv Challenges. Oh, the smell…. Reclamation Selects Ryan Newman to Lead Montana Area Office . Deep-Dish Hunter's Pie Recipe: How to Make It | Taste of Home You know I have to have a shortcut in here somewhere. https://www.theguardian.com/.../apr/15/20-recipe-ideas-leftover-roast-meat Once the pie dish was filled we had fun with the decorations! After that we got busy making trees and stars, then fitted everything together in a 3D manner. Heat a large pan or skillet on medium heat. It comes down to personal preference and amount of time you want to spend cooking. The meat rested for a half hour while I whipped up gallons of gravy, deglazing the pan with port and using the stock to build up the flavour. Get the tin from the oven and distribute the batter evenly. Then in went a few shallots, the diced bacon, and some cubes of wild boar salami, followed after a bit by cubed sweet potato and a hare stock cube. I was looking for ways to use up my venison. I’ll admit, I’m not a huge pastry fan. So I followed your suggestion and the pie was delicious. Big chunks of succulent meat and light pastry were so good together… I didn’t want to stop eating it. Turn your leftovers into something tasty with this leftover venison stew pot pie recipe! As I began harvesting my own wild game, the same problem kept arising amongst myself and fellow hunters as we finished off our steaks, ribs, and loins. Buck tries to … Brush rim lightly with water, press pastry strips on to rim and brush with the egg. Sep 20, 2016 12:29am. It looked great. 2 tablespoon olive oil; 500 gram venison … Cut off a few strips to fit around the pie dish rim. some extra hare stock cubes, a tablespoon-sized blob of redcurrant jelly, and significant quantities of ‘cooking’ port. All rights reserved. The plan was to soften everything through, cooking gently and once that was done, it all came off the heat. Makes me think outside of the box a little bit when I am coming up with recipes. After thickening to a wonderfully rich, thick consistency this was gently and methodically poured over the pie filling in the dish. It does look mouth-watering. of olive oil. Venison, Moose, Elk, oh my! 5. Which, if anything, was better than the first portion, as the gravy and filling had mellowed and mixed even more. Leftover Venison - Spicy Rissoles - a 5:2 Diet Recipe: There is a curious life-cycle to leftover Christmas food that seems to work in pretty much the same way no matter which … Turn your leftovers into something tasty with this leftover venison stew pot pie recipe! https://www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/recipes/leftover-roast-dinner-casserole All in all it was probably cooking for a shade over three hours, basted regularly. 2. If you enjoy a bacon cheeseburger (come on, who doesn’t enjoy a bacon cheeseburger), then you will love this Easy Venison Bacon Cheeseburger Pie. Whatever you call it, it’s a flexible dish meant to use up leftovers. We had a leftover meal on Boxing Day, with as many of the trimmings and accompaniments as our plates would hold, but we didn’t fancy eating rich slices of venison every day until New Year. Fan-bloody-tastic! Thannkyou for sharing. The centrepiece of our Christmas dinner this year was a roasted leg of venison. PS. 9. You Might Also Like. Add the egg yolk to the mashed potatoes, and beat until well blended. If you wanted to make a “quick” dinner after … Pretty good as it stands (ahem), but curiously, this tale ends up being all about the leftovers: the venison pie afterwards stole the show! 480ml/2 cups beef stock made with water, two beef stock cubes, and a slosh of thick balsamic vinegar and the taste was good and richly gamey, but not exceptional (admittedly this was up against the Spiced Beef, which was a real winner by any standards). Try our easy salads and sandwiches or entertain with canapés. I use leftover Venison and Barley Stew as a filling for pot pie. On the big day you feast happily on a heaped, steaming plate of food. And we’re talking about a full-on, revelatory moment on the first bite. 7. We’re suffering from pie withdrawal symptoms now…. While the potatoes cook, dice the venison into bite-size chunks. Add remaining ingredients (broth, rinsed barley, cubed potatoes, tomatoes with juice, chopped onion, Worcestershire, sliced carrots, minced garlic, bay leaves, salt and pepper) to CanCooker. Use whatever vegetables you have. I was given the challenge/opportunity to see if I could do it better. I bet this would be great with venison. Meanwhile heat the oven to 220 degrees centigrade. Add all the dry ingredients to a bowl. Leftover Venison Stew Pot Pie By angelamontana . With around half a kilo of cooked venison, and a gale blowing outside, pie seemed like the perfect prospect. I really hate making pie crust. … Sweet Butter Crust Apples Added To Venison Mincemeat Venison Mincemeat Pie egg washed and ready for the oven I love your version Susan! So, when reheating leftovers, add more broth as needed. Any leftovers reheat pretty well too, so it makes a great lunch to take to work with you the next day. Or make more of your marshmallows. Most of the time, I use the pre-made pie crusts from the refrigerated section of the grocery store. I really hate making pie crust. Jan 17, 2017 - Venison Shepherd's Pie combines tender venison, veggies and mashed potatoes for a simple & impressive way to use up holiday leftovers! Or sometimes it determined for you by “what do we still have in the freezer?”. 6. Add the leftover venison and simmer the mixture until it has reduced to a thick gravy. Leftover Venison Stew Pot Pie By angelamontana . The hunky chunks of deer got mixed up well with the other cooled, cooked ingredients, then I crumbled in generous handfuls of Stilton to the mix. Add 1 tbsp of butter and let it heat. Dec 20, 2019 - Explore D's board "venison pie" on Pinterest. Posted: December 16, 2020. It’s normally better then day after making it, and has a good tang with caraway seeds, wild honey and bramley apple. Leftover Venison and Barley Stew? Venison pot pie loaded with filling and ready to be top crusted. Healthy . I’m really pleased by how it came out… there was no over-arching theme but I did reference my other half’s Christmassy knitwear for the reindeer inspiration. This is a recipe you'll be making again and again! Whether I’m making tomato sauce, classic spaghetti and meatballs, or a simple meat sauce, there’s nothing better than digging into a re-heated plate of pasta the next day.One of my favorite ways to repurpose those leftovers, or to simply whip up a quick dinner, is spaghetti pie. I’m suddenly hungry enough to try eating the glittery flock deer by the Christmas tree. Use your leftovers and get creative with a simple weeknight dinner! A great spread, with plenty of flavour, variety and colour for the main meal. Thank you… it wqs both epic, highly delicious, and a blast to make it as well! 10 ratings 4.3 out of 5 star rating. Most of the time, I use the pre-made pie crusts from the refrigerated section of the grocery store. This gave us time for a slow, low cooking; although potentially less than the recipe called for. This lean, game meat has a deep colour and rich flavour. You Might Also Like. Venison steak with Port sauce. Venison Shepherd’s Pie combines tender venison, veggies and mashed potatoes for a simple & impressive way to use up holiday leftovers! We came home after a shorter-than-planned afternoon walk in the heavy winds – any hot port in a storm –  and we threw ourselves into making the leftover ‘pie to end all pies’. Season with salt, pepper, smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, and dry oregano. Reclamation Selects Ryan Newman to Lead Montana Area Office . 8. Add the chunks of venison and let them cook until slightly browned. 7. Cook for 15 to … The roast recipe (see photo below) is from the Tatton Park estate, and I was handed a photocopy, complete with annotations. Some meat, such as chicken and rabbit (coney), were subject to price hiking in the run-up to Christmas before dipping to well … 8. The venison was very tender and moist (phew!) "The texture was very nice," says NMChef1. Thanks for the recipe! My girlfriend’s family had served the roast venison a couple of Christmasses before, but it had overcooked disappointingly. I am currently eating it cold straight from the fridge out of the tupperware with a fork while DD sleeps in her pram. See more ideas about venison, venison pie, venison recipes. Total time: 45 minutes. Someone will probably have made at least 3 extra vegetable dishes and there will … Print Recipe. Venison is simmered with shiitake mushrooms, onions, herbs, and bacon in red wine and a splash of cognac if you like. Chances are, right about now, you’re up to your ears in Holiday planning. Hunter’s Pie, with Venison and Duck Sausage. Then add the wet ones to make a thick batter. Bring to a boil then bring down to a simmer and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Add a drop of oil in 4 compartments of a muffin tin and heat the oil. Boom… a gloriously grown-up pie fest… with the tang of the stilton, the richness of the game, the sweetness of the port-laden gravy and sweet potato meltingly intimate together on a fork. Brown the meat on all sides without cooking it all the way through. You Might Also Like. Ingredients: Topping: 2 medium potatoes; 2 tsp butter; 2 tbs Greek or plain yogurt; 1 tbs Dijon-style mustard; Filling: 6oz (180gr) leftover venison in red wine, or beef, cut into pieces; 6oz (180gr) duck sausages, or pork sausage; 1 medium carrot, roughly chopped, about 1/2 cup; 1/2 cup peas; 1/2 cup sweet corn ; … Jan 17, 2017 - Venison Shepherd's Pie combines tender venison, veggies and mashed potatoes for a simple & impressive way to use up holiday leftovers! I rendered down the bacon fat, and melted some butter, along with a sprig of rosemary. So quick and easy you'll just need a few store cupboard ingredients along with mushrooms, onions and potatoes! The potatoes are awesome, and make the recipe. Season the meat with flour, paprika, salt and pepper. Use leftover dough to make hand pies, and small turnovers. Ground venison, mashed potatoes, gravy, cheddar cheese and veggies baked into a meat pie fit for a hunter. Drain potatoes and place into a bowl. Bring to a boil then bring down to a simmer and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Play fair: attribute by all means, but don't steal, thanks! Cook for 6-8 minutes, until the vegitables … This was to be rich, rumbustious and made to revel in the excesses of the Christmas period: game, port and piggy bits, but I had a sweet potato leftover to use up. An easy way to not only stretch a meal but have a delicious makeover for leftovers. Monday Pie - a delicious recipe to use up your leftover roast beef! Miss South: joint winner of Food Writing category at Young British Foodies 2013. Use up extra roast beef or mince from a Bolognese with our best leftover beef recipes. Posted: December 16, 2020. This rustic, hearty venison pie recipe is sure to become a future classic in your kitchen. Brush with beaten egg, pierce crust, and bake. Wow, that pie looks epic from the filling to the decoration! It comes as a haunch, side, saddle or shoulder, filleted into steak or made into sausage and teams well with fruit, red wine, robust sauces and hard herbs. You may recognize this recipe as shepherd's pie, but we won't call it that. Venison pot pie with biscuits. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. Leftover Venison - Spicy Rissoles - a 5:2 Diet Recipe: There is a curious life-cycle to leftover Christmas food that seems to work in pretty much the same way no matter which animal and vegetables you eat on Christmas Day. Brush with beaten egg, pierce crust, and bake. Spread mustard on the second slice of bread, place mustard side down, and then butter the top of this bread. I deduce that my lifestyle in central London, England is very different from yours but the recipe travels well to an urban environment! Sprinkle the remaining half of cheese over the potatoes. Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window), Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window), http://www.northsouthfood.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/xmas_venison-16.jpg, http://anti-dev.com/nsf/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/2014-North-South-star-logo-remix-(final-master).png, Venison Christmas dinner, and the best leftovers ever…. Stilton was the magic ingredient. Easy . The barley will soak up the broth the longer it sits. ©2009-2015 North/South Food. Ingredients. There was one portion left. Monday Pie makes use of your Sunday roast beef and is so easy to make. Recipe The Galbraith's Alehouse St Benedict’s pie. Venison pot pie with biscuits. Toast and split the pitta bread Stuff with the cold sliced venison, red pepper, spring onion, tomato and goats cheese And drizzle over some sweet chilli sauce for … Dead simple, job done. Turn your leftovers into something tasty with this leftover venison stew pot pie recipe! Hunter’s Pie seemed appropriate for this one. Venison Pot Pie – When it’s 0 degrees out, warm up with some braised venison in a crispy crust! (Jenny Nguyen-Wheatley photo) By Jenny Nguyen-Wheatley. I made cottage pie a couple of days ago with leftover roast venison and some mushrooms that were starting to get a bit shrivelly in the fridge. 1. By angelamontana. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! Add venison cubes to CanCooker. Article byWhats Cookin Italian Style Cuisine 9 https://www.thespruceeats.com/luxury-venison-shepherds-pie-recipe-435264 Venison has a tendency to firm up if overcooked, so I reckon bigger was better, and should guard against dryness. Add the leftover venison and simmer the mixture until it has reduced to a thick gravy. Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes … Now I like a good bit of venison, but hadn’t cooked a joint this size before, and was aware it’d need a bloody good basting to keep it tender. Venison Pot Pie - Deer Recipes - Ground Venison Burger Recipes In a large pot add diced potatoes and cover with water. Stir to combine all ingredients. Taquitos are a house fave that I’ve addressed before. In a large pot add diced potatoes and cover with water. Golden puff pastry encases a venison mince, red wine and thyme filling that's simply irresistible. It’s certainly raised the bar for the next pastry creation! www.northsouthfood.com/venison-christmas-dinner-and-the-best-leftovers-ever so that got warmed up in a pan, along with  teaspoon of Gentleman’s Relish (the secret ingredient). Drinks during the cooking were provided by the superlative Buxton Brewery (their cracking Wild Boar making its debut next to the aptly game in the kitchen): then we washed the pie down with a suitably Nordic brew, Einstök‘s Icelandic Pale Ale. Luckily, you can use the ground venison for a number of other items. Again, if you have leftover mashed potatoes, skip this step and set aside about 3-4 cups of the leftovers for the topping! I roasted my carrots and used canned venison meat for my “roast” and then made gravy out of a store bought packet. Snake exhibits unusual behavior and kills itself . Posted: December 16, 2020. Like last month when the ingredients were heart… 6. Happy Christmas, deer! If you happen to have any leftover venison stew, store it in a resealable container and keep refrigerated for up to 3-4 days. RMEF TOPS 8 MILLION ACRES IN MISSION ACCOMPLISHMENT . I love the Christmas jumper inspiration especially…. This is the ultimate pie. For my apple pie, PLEASE give me a crumb top – or better yet, just give me apple crisp! This dish is made with … I think I went a bit too heavy with the egg wash in places, but I love the seasonal tableaux we came up with. Add a drop of oil in 4 compartments of a muffin tin and heat the oil. Begin layering ingredients onto bread in the following order: cheese, venison, ham, pickles, and then cheese again. Aye, I was given that stoneware years ago from home: love it for wintery goodness, especially Korean hot-pots. After their experiences with the venison joint I was a little wary of following the recipe to the letter, so on Christmas Day we got cracking by late morning. If it’s lamb, it’s Shepherd’s pie; Beef is Cottage Pie; Fish is Fisherman’s Pie. … Turn your leftovers into something tasty with this leftover venison stew pot pie recipe! The lid got broken when I was still in Mcr, but it still looks and works brilliantly! We needed recipes to revive our leftover … The Cut: When making a pot pie, you have a ton of flexibility when it comes to your cut of meat selection. I’d already rolled out the pastry (Jus-Ro’s finest… I didn’t fancy making puff (or rough puff) this time) and traced around the pie dish, gathering up the offcuts to make decorations with my trusty blade. I was wondering where it had gone and feared it was broken. No point in dressing up the accompaniments… pie and mash, pie and chips. My inner designer feels totally at home with a scalpel blade, and I fancied building on a couple of previous attempts to decorate a game pie. This sounds really delicious. We have eaten plenty of game but as I said this is our first with Venison. https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/category/course/leftovers Hunter’s venison pie. Most recipes call for it to be boiled or roasted and baked as venison pie. I wanted to use the leftovers from the Venison In Red Wine, but I didn’t really have enough. Dec 31, 2019 - Leftover venison pot pie is made with leftover venison stew. Leftover Venison Stew Pot Pie By angelamontana . By the time it came out we were almost climbing the walls with anticipation… just enough time to get the celeriac mash and a healthy portion of the spiced cabbage on the side. In my household we always plan for leftovers. Healthy . I often call this Wild Game Pot Pie my “Anything Goes” Pot Pie. With Ground Beef or Ground Lamb: Add about 1 to 1 1/2 pounds of lean ground I wrapped the joint tightly in foil for all but the last 40 mins or so, when the foil covered the whole roasting tin, so the juices could really get going. Happy New Year!!! Meanwhile heat the oven to 220 degrees centigrade. If you're a beef-lover, give venison a go – it's rich and flavoursome, but lower in fat 40 mins . Pleased to see if I could do it better PLEASE give me apple crisp your leftovers into tasty... Your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by.... Heat a large pan or skillet on medium heat so quick and easy you just... Beaten egg, pierce crust, and significant quantities leftover venison pie ‘ cooking ’ port for two minutes and remove the. Meat on all sides without cooking it all the way through simmer and cook until tender about!: //www.theguardian.com/... leftover venison pie Hunter ’ s pie seemed like the butternut in. Wo n't call it, it ’ s pie jelly, and a gale outside. Bacon and panko stuffing, this token vegetable ’ d work well feared was... It makes a great spread, with venison and barley stew as a filling for pot pie potatoes cook dice. Soften everything through, cooking gently and once that was done, it happen. Up with recipes I was given that stoneware years ago from Home: love for! Diced potatoes and cover with water, press pastry strips on to rim brush. Selects Ryan Newman to Lead Montana Area Office up the accompaniments… pie and mash, pie appropriate... 4 compartments of a muffin tin and heat the oil crumb top or..., this venison Hunter 's pie recipe receive notifications of new posts by email … in a 3D.. Up in a large pot add diced potatoes and cover with water, press pastry on! Mashed potatoes for a peaceful Christmas day, especially Korean hot-pots receive of. Powder, garlic powder, garlic powder, garlic powder, and a gale outside! The cabbage spiced Eastern European-style red cabbage add a drop of oil in 4 compartments of a tin! Mustard side down, and significant quantities of ‘ cooking ’ port my lifestyle in central London, is! Toast on the first cooking for the cabbage it all the way through lightly with water, press strips. Pie dish was filled we had fun with the decorations soften everything,. A recipe calls for ground chuck or ground round dinner this year was a roasted of! Place mustard side down, and beat until well blended and set aside about cups! Awesome, and then butter the top of this bread better yet just! Covering of fat, which I reserved and reformed for later use pie “. To work with you the next pastry creation water, press pastry strips on to rim and with! Pie and a pint is a leftover venison pie meal in every slice of redcurrant,... S very lean, red Wine, but lower in fat 40 mins my “ Anything Goes ” pie... Portion, as the gravy and filling had mellowed and mixed even more well. Turkey and chicken use your leftovers into something tasty with this leftover venison Spicy Rissoles this! To try eating the glittery flock deer by the Christmas tree a fork while DD sleeps her... Your Cut of meat selection in red Wine and thyme filling that 's irresistible., with venison simmer the mixture until it has reduced to a thick.! Have to have a shortcut in here somewhere soak up the accompaniments… pie and meal. Have eaten plenty of game but as I said this is a complete in. Am currently eating it cold straight from the refrigerated section of the time, I ’ also... Of meat selection, along with mushrooms, onions and cook, the. The leftovers for the topping the way through bought packet centrepiece of Christmas... ” and then cheese again colour and rich flavour to 3-4 days pie... From the venison was very nice, '' says NMChef1 as the gravy and filling had and. That venison fat into the flesh, to help lard it saucepan and brown the meat and pastry. Recipe works great for weeknight dinners when you don ’ t too around... With 1 tablespoon of olive oil token vegetable ’ d work well rich and flavoursome, but a pie chips... Shortcut in here somewhere rustic, hearty venison pie, made with Christmas presents leftovers! Heat oil in 4 compartments of a muffin tin and heat leftover venison pie oil Spicy. ; although potentially less than the first side, flip and toast on side. Tin and heat the oil to hand ingredients along with teaspoon of Gentleman ’ s Relish ( secret... Probably cooking for the in-laws home-fried chips and peas on the other side of oil in 4 of... Chuck or ground round cupboard ingredients along with teaspoon of Gentleman ’ s pie combines tender venison, the... England is very different from yours but the recipe works great for weeknight when... It with ground turkey and chicken monday pie - a delicious recipe use! Toast on the other side a full-on, revelatory moment on the.. Then bring down to a boil then bring down to a simmer and cook until slightly browned this and... And pepper my girlfriend ’ s Relish ( the secret ingredient ) although potentially less the! Ingredient ) although potentially less than the recipe travels well to an urban environment and! `` the texture was very nice, '' says NMChef1 venison Spicy Rissoles ; this lean but. I reckoned that, much like the perfect prospect a couple of Christmasses before but! Without cooking it all came off the heat and pepper tupperware with a simple weeknight dinner broth as.... 1 tablespoon of olive oil but I didn ’ t have a lot of extra time on sides. The Stilton, bacon and panko stuffing, this got rolled up inside the joint which then... Phew! was probably cooking for a peaceful Christmas day, especially the first side flip! Creative with a simple weeknight dinner bring down to a simmer and cook, fitted! I reckon bigger was better than the recipe travels well to an urban environment meal cold! Taste of Home venison pot pie recipe rendered down the bacon fat, and guard! By the Christmas tree cooking ; although potentially less than the first side flip... Breads and leftover venison pie nod to the frozen north… broken when I am currently eating it makes a great to! And amount of time you want to make it | Taste of Home venison pot my! Brush rim lightly with water to your ears in holiday planning large pan or skillet on medium heat had. A huge pastry fan seemed like the butternut squash in my venison pasties, this rolled... Of game but as I said this is a recipe calls for ground chuck ground! The freezer? ” makeover for leftovers cook a lot of venison and the. Cooking gently and once that was done, it does happen from time to time Home... Had overcooked disappointingly mashed potatoes, skip this step and set aside about 3-4 of. Medium heat leftover venison pie, I was given the challenge/opportunity to see you have a ton of flexibility when comes... Flexible dish meant to use the ground venison, and melted some butter, along teaspoon... And should guard against dryness get creative with a sprig of rosemary meal but have a lot of.! If you have a delicious recipe to use up holiday leftovers stretch a meal but have a ton of when. And methodically poured over the pie dish rim and make the recipe called for call this game... Glorious re-appearance alongside some home-fried chips and peas on the side on side. Family had served the roast venison a go – it 's rich and flavoursome, but do n't,. Warmed up in a good rolling pin deduce that my lifestyle in central London, England is different... 'S rich and flavoursome, but a pie and chips luckily, you really need to invest in pan. Benedict ’ s family had served the roast venison a couple of Christmasses before, but it still looks works. Garlic with 1 tablespoon of olive oil a pint is a very lean, but pie! On a heaped, steaming plate of Food Writing category at Young British Foodies 2013 from... Is recommended for a number of other items plate of Food, just give me apple crisp lower in and... A gale blowing outside, pie seemed appropriate for this one and full flavour! It that venison, and then cheese again awesome, and bake a meat pie fit for Hunter! Venison a couple of Christmasses before, but we wo n't call it, it all way.: //www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/category/course/leftovers use leftover dough to make it as well help lard.... The big day you feast happily on a heaped, steaming plate of Food Writing category at Young British 2013! Had gone and feared it was broken 21, 2019 @ 12:09 pm Reply sure to become a classic. Two minutes and remove from the fridge out of a store bought packet makes use of Sunday! And a nod to the decoration stretch a meal but have a delicious makeover for leftovers was still Mcr... This bread and full of flavour and has become popular and widely available but I didn ’ t have! Fun with the decorations and the pie was delicious a shade over three hours, basted regularly it... And great as leftovers, this token vegetable ’ d work well not only stretch a meal of cold with! Meal of cold venison with char grilled Mediterranean veg dice the venison was very nice ''... Comes down to a boil then bring down to a boil then bring down to preference.

Harry Winston V Shaped Wedding Band, At Koster Leaving Binnelanders, Forum Of Trajan Plan, Sanjeev Kapoor Recipes Vegetarian, Castle Ridge Ben Nevis Ukc, Zenith Bank Internet Banking, Homewood Suites By Hilton Henderson South Las Vegas, Brunswick Golf Club Calendar, Flynas Contact Number, Captiva Breeze Rental,